Located in the heart of the South, Atlanta boasts a blend of the historic and the contemporary. Our educational tours enable you to experience that unique combination of the past and the present – many of the city’s attractions offer you a trip back in time to the Civil War or the Civil Rights movement, while others allow you to experience many modern-day achievements in science, sports and entertainment. Book an Atlanta trip with our educational tour operators, and you can:
- Dive into the fun at the Georgia Aquarium, the largest aquarium on the planet! Here, more than 100,000 animals representing 500 species call Atlanta home – some of the most awe-inspiring on display include beluga whales, manta rays and even whale sharks!
- Visit the Margaret Mitchell House, the birthplace of Gone with the Wind, and discover the interesting life of this Pulitzer-winning author
- Experience Atlanta’s 21-acre Centennial Olympic Park, which features the famous Fountain of Rings and serves as a lasting legacy to the city’s 1996 Summer Olympics.
- Visit his birthplace, church and final resting place, all while remembering his voice and message at the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site.
- View a star show at the planetarium of the Fernbank Science Center.
- Take a stroll through the Atlanta Zoo and watch handlers feed the Giant Pandas – including America’s only twin cubs!
- Tour the inside of this global network’s international headquarters at the CNN Center.
Best of all, our Atlanta educational tours are completely customizable – so you can pick and choose the sites you want to visit, based on your curriculum and objectives! To learn more about what our educational tour company can do for you, call us today or contact us online.
Choose Our Atlanta Educational Tour Operators
If you’re hoping to arrange a class trip to Atlanta, the educational tour operators at Son Tours can handle it start to finish – from planning an itinerary that meets your needs, to escorting students at each site, to ensuring the group returns home safely. Book one of our educational tours, and you’ll receive:
- Inside knowledge from local guides who know the ins and outs of each Atlanta attraction.
- Complimentary, private security personnel who will stay with your group 24 hours a day, conducting safety briefings when needed.
- Easy billing! Collecting cash or checks from parents can be a hassle – so we invoice them directly via our convenient online portal.
- High-quality motor coaches, equipped with VCRs, TV monitors and restrooms; plus, we always book comfortable, deluxe hotel accommodations.
- Quick turnaround! After contacting our team, you can expect an itinerary and price quote within 48 hours.
There’s a reason why more than 95% of our customers trust us again and again for student travel trips across the United States – our Atlanta educational tours are fun, safe and hassle-free! Speak with one of our experienced educational tour operators today at about your school travel needs. You can also view our sample Atlanta itineraries below or request a quote online.
|Day One – Itinerary for 3 Day / 2 Night Student Tour of Atlanta|
|AM||Arrival into Atlanta|
|Meet Son Tours staff member|
and guideIntroductory Tour of Atlanta
|10:00a||CNN Studios Tour|
|12:00p||Lunch at the CNN Center at own expense|
|Visit Centennial Olympic Park|
|2:00p||Sky ride at Stone Mountain|
|Free time at Stone Mountain|
|7:00p||Dinner at Stone Mountain|
|8:30p||Laser Show at Stone Mountain|
if available during your timeframe of visit
|10:00p||Check-in at hotel/Security arrives|
|Day Two – Itinerary for 3 Day / 2 Night Student Tour of Atlanta|
|7:30a||Hot breakfast at convenient|
|9:00a||Meet guide at Cyclorama|
|12:00p||Lunch at the Varsity at own expense|
|1:30p||Tour of the Capitol Building|
|3:30p||High Museum of Art|
|6:00p||Dinner at Mall ($8 cash allotment)|
|Shopping at Lenox Mall|
|8:00p||Return to hotel|
|Day Three – Itinerary for 3 Day / 2 Night Student Tour of Atlanta|
|7:30a||Check out of hotel|
|8:30a||Hot breakfast at convenient|
|9:30a||Martin Luther King Center Ebenezer|
Baptist Church Martin Luther King’s Gravesite
|12:30p||Lunch and free time in Atlanta Underground at|
|3:00p||World of Coke|
|6:00p||Dinner at Old Country Buffet|
|PM||Depart for travel home|